YOUTH SKYRUNNING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS
July 30-August 1, 2021 – Fonte Cerreto, L’Aquila, Italy
- All those wishing to participate in the Youth Skyrunning World Championships must be selected by their National Member
- Every National Member can select a maximum of four participants for every category, with a maximum of 18 participants per team
- Organisers must host for every official country represented, a minimum of six athletes and one team manager (accommodation, breakfast, lunch and dinner), from the day before the first race (Vertical) to the day after the last race (Sky) for a total of four nights from Thursday evening to Monday morning
- The fifth edition of the Youth Skyrunning World Championships will be held in Italy, on July 30-August 1, 2021 at Fonte Cerreto (L’Aquila).
- National teams must communicate their official participation and the number of athletes divided by category by April 6, 2021.
- National teams must communicate the names of the athletes by July 14, 2021.
- Teams must arrive the day before the first race (Vertical) and stay until the day after the last race (Sky), from Thursday evening to Monday morning (minimum 4 nights).
- The Vertical will be held on Friday afternoon, July 30, with an individual start at least every 20 seconds. Every category will be separated by a minimum time interval of five minutes, starting from YA, YB and U23 Women, and YA, YB and U23 Men.
- The Sky race will be held on Sunday morning, August 1, with a mass start. The YWC SkyRace will be separated by at least 30 minutes from other eventual open races on the same course.
- The official 2020 Youth Championships categories are three:
a. Youth A (15-16-17 years): born from January 1, 2004 to December 31, 2006
b. Youth B (18-19-20 years): from January 1, 2001 to December 31, 2003
c. U23 (21-22-23 years): from January 1, 1998 to December 31, 2000
- Medals (gold, silver and bronze) will be awarded to women and men for the Vertical and Sky titles and Combined title (based on the sum of Vertical + Sky ) and for the overall Team Ranking (based on the medal count).
- The Sky distance will be shorter for the Youth A category (ie: 16 km) and 20-21 km for the Youth B and U23 categories.
- Other information regarding: opening and closing ceremonies, doping controls, pasta parties and all the other activities will be communicated at a later date.